GENERAL ELECTROMECHANICAL WORKS LTD was founded in 1980. We deal with
professional lighting and we provide services related to this field. Our
advantage is that we represent more than 20 well known firms specialized
in lighting sector, operating in the international market, including three
industries manufacturing poles and masts, as well as a firm specialized
in control lighting systems. Operating in such environment, allows us
to combine knowledge from research and new technologies and enables us
to prepare sophisticated lighting studies and provide technical support.
We offer materials and lighting systems, as well as we make lighting designs
which meet the demands of client with low purchase cost, low installation
cost and energy saving.
We are dealing
with indoor and outdoor lighting, control lighting systems, lighting poles
and energy transport masts as well as airport and heliport lighting.
One of our main concerns is the development of systems achieving the
spread of natural light indoors and the combination of natural with artificial
Combining our experience with the knowledge from research and new technologies
from the collaborating companies, enables us to prepare sophisticated
lighting studies and provide technical support.
We provide consulting services in every stage of study or construction
of any project, i.e. small projects up to complete lighting studies of
urban areas or cities (master plan).
We work together with control lighting companies for the deploy of urban
areas or whole cities by undertaking the maintenance and the operation
of street lighting, as well as traffic lighting and city beautification.
We are aiming to individuals, to companies, to public services, to municipalities
and to contractors of self-financed project, where quality and exploitation
cost are important factors as well.
We can provide the following study services:
• Lighting studies of professional lighting of indoors or outdoors spaces
• Lighting studies of sophisticated architectural projects for indoor
and outdoor areas
• Lighting studies for industrial facilities, railway station, ports etc.
• Lighting studies of special projects like museums, exhibitions, archaeological
sites and monuments
• Lighting studies for streets and motorways, also for substructure projects,
• Master plan for lighting of an urban area or a whole city
• Airport and heliport lighting
• Studies for saving energy through use of lighting control systems
• Daylight control, blind systems and artificial light control combined
to the daylight for interior areas.
• Technical support
In collaboration with important companies in our field of activity, we
develop independent lighting projects and we participate in the following
• Hellenic Illumination Committee
• Association française de l’éclairage
• Illuminating Engineering Society of North America